You know the phrase 'out of sight, out of mind'? I've had so.many knitting projects that I put aside for other projects (also known as cast-on-itis) and now there's just 3.5 months of knitting time left in the year. I feel like I have to finish every project I started this year. I took an inventory and this is were I stand:
- Back-To-School U-Neck vest (found in the Fitted Knits book) - I can't even remember where I am on this. I do know one thing, I refuse to rip it back. No way am I doing all that ribbing again. (it's a reddish burgundy, the photo color is off)
- Francis/Francie sweater (found on Ravelry) - have to finish the cuff and then pick up and knit the cowl. Maybe a week's worth of knitting time?
- Woodland Shawl (from The Thrifty Knitter)- I love knitting with the Dream in Color but because it's just one long piece it feels like there is no end in sight. Which is a shame because I can't wait to see how it turns out.
- Whisper cardigan (found in Interweave Knits, Spring '09)- I'm ripping this back to the top of the shoulder because it the sleeve needs to be a little longer. I'm really anxious to get going on this, the Malabrigo lace is dreamy.
- Summer Tweed hat (also from Hannah Fettig here) - cast on in the airport on the way to Chicago three weeks ago. Reminded why I hate knitting with summer tweed, it's like knitting with rope. Maybe three days worth of knitting time left? Also I may run out of yarn. Argh.
Also the Memphis Flyer named the Memphis Knit Mafia a staff pick of 'The Best of Memphis 2009''. Kickass!