Thursday, October 16, 2008

FAIL

I sometimes I wonder if I will ever be a good enough knitter to actually ‘get’ a project on the first cast on. It seems like most everything I make I have to cast on at least twice, sometimes more.

Last Sunday I was super excited because I had gotten to the point on my Rusted Root where I could take the sleeves off. Well it wasn’t until I started to do that that I realized my raglan increases where only correct on one sleeve. The sleeve that starts right after the lace portion was missing the right slanting increasing and instead they curved downward - FAIL. I can’t repeat the words that came out of my mouth but needless to say I was not a happy camper. But maybe it was for the best because I was knitting the large and I think I should go down a size and knit the medium instead. And I wasn’t digging the poofy sleeves, I’m going to just do a plain sleeve, no poof. This is a picture of the problem, see?
So I set aside the sweater and started on these fingerless gloves in wool bamboo which is really nice to knit with and very soft. All was well until the end when I realized I had *three* thumb holes instead of one!? FAIL.
I was not feeling the knitting love yesterday. In complete defeat I pulled out the Lamb's Pride Bulky and started knitting the Robin's Egg Blue Hat. So far so good, even though I'm only in the seed stitch section...

1 comment:

Jules Someone said...

I hate when that happens. I'm sorry your knitting wasn't working.