Thursday, October 02, 2008

My new favorite place

It's actually been dipping down into the 50's at night the last few days. I have taken full advantage of it by spending as much time outside on the patio as possible. On Monday night we lit our chimenea for the first time - ever. The chimenea was left here by the previous owners so it became ours. How we've lived here for 1.5 years without using it I'll never understand. But Monday night I made it my mission to start a fire in it. We have piles of little branches to burn in it so that was not a problem. I also strung up the patio style light we bought last spring. It's been so nice out there at night, especially now that we each have a chair to sit in. Tonight is the coolest night of the week and we made smores outside. There is nothing like the taste of a burnt, melty marshmallow. It reminds me of the bonfires and hayrides I went to growing up. Of course I had to injure myself though. We used the fondue forks as sticks for our marshmallows and I touched the metal end of the fork before it was cool and I got a nasty blister on the inside of my bottom lip. Ouch, ouch, ouch.
Also on an unrelated topic, I have a total crush on NBC/MSNBC's political director, Chuck Todd - love him. Today I found out he has a fansite, Viva Chuck Todd. I must have a t-shirt.

No comments: