Monday, July 13, 2009

A case of the Mondays

By 10AM this morning I was ready to throw in the towel for the whole week. I woke up not feeling well anyway and then I get to work and was bombarded with snarky emails and cranky phone calls.

At noon I put out all the immediate fires, sent my boss an email saying I was heading home, packed up my laptop and went on my merry way. Several things made me feel better.

A nap with one of my cats, Maggie, she's the best couch-napping cat there is.The realization that I leave for Portland in nine days. The last of my homemade vanilla bean ice cream.And some new books.Hope your Monday was miles better than mine!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

awww cute kitty! i'm so jealous that you're going to Portland! My boyfriend and I want to live in Oregon one day :)

Anonymous said...

Ooh..your going to have fun in Portland.