Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Magic Bars (or why-didn't-I-make-these-soomer-bars)

Since time is at a premium now I'm on the lookout for baking recipes that can be made fairly quickly and without a lot of fuss. I read the Rainy Day Gal blog mainly to lust after Seattle, but last week I read her post about Magic Bars and was intrigued. The recipe seems so simple and my memories of these kinds of bars (maybe last had at Vacation Bible School a million years ago?) were fuzzy. Friday afternoon after work I was able to throw these bars together in no time, like five minutes.
They were so good, gooey and sweet and super rich (a small piece is plenty). The recipe is from the butter queen herself, Paula Deen, but has only one stick of butter in it.
If you have five minutes to prep and thirty minutes to bake, you need to make these.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Aren't those sinfully awesome?! And yours look pretty, too.(I use white chocolate i/o butterscotch and pecans i/o walnuts. Because you know how we feel about walnuts.)