Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Tuesdays with Dorie: Coffee Break Muffins

Late post! I wrote this on Sunday but forgot to schedule the publishing. C'est la vie. 

This week's selection was chosen by Rhiani of Chocoholic Anonymous. These were simple muffins to put together, muffin batter is usually a one-bowl kind of recipe. They didn't take long to puff up and came out of the oven looking lovely. However, I was kind of disappointed in the taste. Even though there was cinnamon in the batter I don't think it helped pick up the espresso powder notes. The texture and moisture of the muffins were good but I couldn't shake the sense that they needed an extra bit of something. 
Edited to add: I am completely impressed with what Rhiani did with these muffins, she made them Salted Caramel Mochaccino cupcakes! Wowza. Go check out her blog to see what she did.

No comments: