Thursday, January 13, 2011

Long time no see

Why yes I am still alive. Unfortunately, my energies have been focused elsewhere. I can't believe I haven't even written a blog post in the new year. Shame on me. I have been knitting up a storm on some tiny things I'll show you soon. I've also been procrastinating on finishing those adorable baby sweaters for my Seattle friends. The actual knitting part is done, the seaming and sewing is what remains. I honestly did start working on one sleeve last weekend but the selvedge edge is so messy its hard to find the right stitches to sew up. I should have slipped the first stitch of every row to make for a neater edge. I have created a self-imposed deadline of having these in the mail by January 31st.

This is my last week of 'freedom', classes at UofM start back today but my classes are on Mondays and Wednesdays this semester so I don't go back until Monday. I'm taking an English class, Macroeconomics and an Algebra class (barf). No morning classes this semester thank goodness, I'm just on campus from 5:30-8:30PM on Mondays and Wednesdays. The work isn't terrible it's just going to class and having to be around people I'd like to strangle. Each semester puts me closer to the end though, so yay for that. 

I haven't been baking as much but decided last night to make something together for Doug's game group that gets together on Thursday nights. I thumbed through my collection of baking cookbooks and found a recipe for Butterscotch Cashew bars from the Sweet Melissa Baking Book. The bars are made with a shortbread base with a butterscotch caramel on top and then sprinkled with whole, salted cashews. (which by the way I completely forgot how delicious cashews are, OMG).
They were really easy to make and totally addictive once you started eating them. Hope the guys like them!

No comments: