Tuesday, October 02, 2012

A new fall hat + yarn p*rn

I had been really, really good in not purchasing new yarn for several months. Well, expect for the Magnolia Club, but I don't count that. A few weeks ago I was looking for a skein of yarn to use for backup in case I ran out for what I was using on a shawl I was knitting. When I ordered that I also found a skein of extremely pretty yarn in a very autumnal color. I clicked 'add to basket' and it arrived at my house a few days later. I decided it should be a hat for fall. The yarn is Jill Draper Makes Stuff - Hudson and the color is Cinnamon but I think it reminds me of a persimmon. I bought it at Happy Knits and they have some other really lovely colors. For the pattern I pulled the Molly hat out of my Ravelry queue. So far it's knitting up really quickly and has a super easy pattern, which is great for my addled brain.
 These gorgeous skeins are what I got with this round of the Madelinetosh Magnolia Club.

This first is Tosh Merino Light in Astrid Gray:

 The second is DK Twist in Chapterbook:


And finally, 80/10/10 Fingering in Sand Dunes:


I'm sitting out the next round of the club, the yarn is always beautiful but I'm at maximum capacity for yarn right now. Plus I still have to figure out what I'm going to do with all this pretty stuff!

No comments: