Tuesday, May 29, 2007

It’s just like riding a bike…or not

I admit it, I’m twenty-six years old and I’ve never learned how to ride a bike. It is a teensy bit embarrassing. I’ve been saying for years I was going to learn but never did. Ever since Doug and I got married he’s been bugging me to learn. He thinks it would be fun and good exercise, I don’t disagree. So Sunday night we got a wild hair and drove out to Super Target and bought a $114 Schwinn Women’s Mountain Bike for me. While it isn’t the pink Schwinn Cruiser of my dreams it’s something I can learn on.

Last night we went in the back yard and tried to (unsuccessfully) get going with falling over. It was a learning experience. I’m hoping that by the end of the week I’ll be able to actually ride the damn thing. Here’s to hoping….

No comments: