Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Finished socks and new scarves


I finally finished the baby socks I have been working on since May. The problem with the baby socks was that I got busy and the first sock was done in June but I knit it too loose and instead of fitting a 3-6 month old infant it was big enough for a 3 year old. So I ripped it out and started all over again. I kept putting it down and doing other things and then in the middle of August we took a little trip to the Florida Panhandle and I was able to finish one of the sock and halfway finish the other. Once we got home I again put it aside for awhile until this past weekend when I made myself finish them before I'd let myself start another project. Sadly the person they were initially intended for has already had said baby and so I'll just save these for someone else.

My next project is Wendy Bernard's "Flickering Flame" lace scarf, knit with the fantasically beautiful Koigu. This is my first attempt at a lace project so I hope I don't screw it up too bad. It's still about 9 million degrees here but I need to start my making my Christmas knit-gift list. There are still a few people that didn't get scarves last year so I'd like to make a few of those, plus I'd love to make some socks but that's a little iffy.

Just in case I get around to those socks I bought more of the coveted Koigu (don't even ask how much it cost, I'm embarrassed to admit how much I spent at the LYS on Saturday)

The husband and I have been talking about taking a trip to Toronto in October and I have to admit one of the main reasons I suggested Toronto was so I could go to Lettuce Knit. I'm starting to plan vacations around yarn stores.....

No comments: