Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Ham, chocolate, ham, ham, chocolate......

Christmas seems to not only be a holiday for spending money you don't have on things you don't need but also for eating things you shouldn't. Last Saturday night I had a very small pre-Christmas gathering of about 4.5 people. I made a spiral sliced ham, as well as some other things. I sent ham home with people but at the end of the night we still wound up with a lot of leftover ham. Add this to the FLOOD of boxes of chocolates we've received as gifts and you have a lethal combination. I've eaten mostly ham and chocolate for five days now. This is most unhealthy.

As Christmas approached I did a bounty of gift-baking. Including these boxes of Cornmeal-Cherry Cookies, Chocolate/White Chocolate Fudge and Chocolate Shortbread. I put them in clear treat bags and then put those inside of .79 cent kraft boxes from Michael's with green ribbon (also bought at Michael's) and some Martha tags (again from Michael's). They were really pretty and well received. I also made Jam Thumbprints for my in-laws and Cream Cheese Meltaways for my grandmother. The best part was I got to use one of my early Christmas presents, a new Kitchen Aid hand mixer. It's not the pink Artisan stand mixer of my dreams but it's a complete upgrade from my old Proctor Silex hand mixer I've used since I moved out on my own (in July of 2001).

No comments: