Sunday, February 17, 2008

Let it be me

Sometimes you get a song stuck in your head and you keep singing and you have to listen to it to me it go away. I've had "Let It Be Me" by the Indigo Girls in my head since last night. The song's about injustice but I was thinking about it because of the chorus "let it be me." We were at a baby shower last night for a very nice couple and going to baby showers when you are facing the possibility of never having your own baby is not easy. It's painful. Especially when you are the only woman in the room who hasn't been pregnant and you don't know if you ever will be. So many people don't understand. They try to be comforting, which I appreciate, but I've almost become bitter about it. I used to have hope but after IVF my hope has slowly disappeared. I don't really know what we're going to do at this point. IVF is so extremely expensive and I'm doubtful it would work a second time. For now I'm just going to try to focus my energies on other things and attempt to regain some of that hope I used to have.

No comments: