Sunday, April 27, 2008

Happy Belated Birthday to Me and Feeling Lucky

Monday (April 21) was my 27th birthday. I can't believe I'm 27. After high school graduation time seems to be passing by at warp speed. In a happy coincidence I was also off on my birthday because of Passover. I spent the day doing some flower shopping, knitting and just enjoying the gorgeous day. I even picked up some lunch at the grocery store and took it out to enjoy at a park in Germantown, where instead of 'people-watching' I 'duck & goose' watched. I got a free mocha frappe my my coffee shop since it was my birthday (score!) and Doug and I went to eat at Swanky's Taco Shop and then had birthday ice cream at Ben & Jerry's. It was a nice day.

Despite having a birthday on Monday I was in a funk most of last week, feeling sorry for myself about my infertility issues. Then I heard about high school friends of mine (sisters) who lost their father in a sudden accident. And then I heard this heartbreaking story and I couldn't stop crying about the unfairness of the world. That this woman died without getting to hold her daughter and this man was left without the love of his life. Then I didn't feel so sorry for myself anymore and the petty crap I'd been moping about seemed ridiculous. I felt lucky. I'm thinking about and saying little prayers for the people I know and don't know who are hurting.

No comments: