Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Monday

Monday and Tuesday I was off for Shavuot, one of the many perks of working for a synagogue - Jewish holidays and national holidays. I wanted to spend some time with my niece B because she'll be starting kindergarten in August and I won't be able to spend the days I'm off with her like I have in the past. I asked her what she wanted to do and she wasn't so I suggested the movies. We went to see Kung Fu Panda, which was not terrible. It was cute for a kids movie. Ian McShane was the voice of the 'bad guy', which was interesting because Doug's been watching seasons 1 and 2 of Deadwood the past few weeks so it was odd to hear Ian McShane's voice without hearing 'f*ck' or 'c*nt'. David Cross also did a voice, I heart him. Doug turned me on to his comedy, he's awesome. I took my knitting to the movies because I've been working on the really boring stockinette hell portion of my Green Gable sweater so it didn't require me to pay attention. B fell asleep towards the end of the movie so I had to carry her out, she's almost as long as I am tall now and it's a lot harder to carry her now than it was when she was a baby.

She also really likes puzzles and I took her to Michael's to pick out a new one. She of course picked out a Hannah Montana puzzle (gag). But I will buy her nearly anything so I got it for her and spent the remainder of the afternoon alternating between helping put together a glittery puzzle of Miley Cyrus and watching Disney and Nickelodeon. We also made cookies, I let her hold the mixer and scoop out the dough so she was really happy. I can't believe she's as old as she is. It seems like just yesterday that she was so tiny I gave her a bath in the bathroom sink.

No comments: