Friday, June 13, 2008

WWKIP and the nearly finished Green Gable

World Wide Knit in Public Day is tomorrow and in Memphis there's an event at the Central Library from 10AM-1PM. I'm going and looking forward to seeing some of the people I knit with on Tuesdays at Cafe Eclectic and some people from Ravelry and Stitch & Bitch that I haven't met yet. I'm planning on taking a few things I've made, the Juliet sweater, my Booga Bag, my Sophie bag and maybe a scarf.

I'm hoping I'll be able to finish up my Green Gable sweater before the weekend is over. I'm knitting the last few inches of the bottom of the sweater and after that I'll have the ribbing at the bottom and the ribbing on the sleeves to finish up. It's gone pretty quickly, considering there have been a few days I haven't had a chance to work on it at all.

I'm going to cast on Wendy Bernard's No Purl Beret this weekend too. I bought some Brown Sheep Worsted in Jack Plum for the beret. It's going to be my 'going-away' gift for one the youth directors at work. She and her husband are headed back to Israel in July and I'm really going to miss them. I'm also planning on making her husband a kippah, I have the pattern for it but no yarn yet. I need to get both items knit up by July 18 at the latest. Gotta get to stitching!

No comments: