Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tuesdays with Dorie: Butterscotch Pudding

I am late, late, late posting - AGAIN. Sorry!
When choosing pudding for say, my lunchbox, butterscotch was not my first choice. I was more of a chocolate or a chocolate/vanilla swirl person. Butterscotch is something I preferred on my ice cream sundae. This week's selection of Butterscotch pudding was chosen by Donna of Spatulas, Corkscrews & Suitcases.
We made chocolate pudding a few months ago and I learned then that my food processor is painfully small. Not big enough to support a full recipe of pudding. This time when making pudding I wised up and halved the recipe. Not only because my wimpy food processor wouldn't hold all of that pudding goodness but also because being the week of Christmas we have sweets and rich holiday food coming out of our ears. I was trying to lessen our load of treats.
The pudding was not time-consuming at all. Really the only reason you had to keep an eye on it was to make sure the sugar didn't burn or that the pudding itself didn't burn. The constant stirring (only for a few minutes though) was the only thing that really required concentration.
I used Famous Grouse scotch (at the recommendation of the guy at the liquor store), I probably put a little more in there than the recipe called for but it was fine. My pictures are lackluster but I didn't actually eat said pudding until last night. It was good, it didn't knock my socks off but it was sweet and satisfying.
Next week, cheesecake!

1 comment:

The Food Librarian said...

Looks fab! Merry Christmas to you! Your home decorations look great.