For real! Granted they're the most simple constructions of a skirt you could possibly imagine and the seams aren't perfectly straight and neither are the hems but they're still wearable! I used this tutorial I found last week from Grosgrain.The first one I used some fabric from an estate sale, I'm not sure how much fabric it was but I ended up cutting off a lot of 'extra' because it was pretty long. It took me about 2 hours to finish the first one but that's because I had to re-thread the machine once and wind another bobbin plus it took a few minutes to understand how the construction was going to work. But once I figured it all out it took almost no time.I used 1" non-roll elastic and I did hem the bottom because there were no 'sealed' sides. This one is a little big around the waist but not terribly so. I like the fullness of this one.
The next one is made from a vintage sheet from yet another estate sale. I thought it was cotton but it must be a blend of cotton and something else. For this one I used elastic that was a little more narrow than 1". The waist is perfect but it's a little long, so I might re-hem (I have no clue if that's the proper term or not) it.
The last one is made from a yard of Heather Bailey fabric I bought last year from Sew Mama Sew. It's shorter than I'd like it to be. I may attempt to add some more fabric at the hem to make it a little less scandalous. I'm really excited I made these all by myself. It's all a learning process and hopefully the more I do the better I'll get. I'm going to make a few more of these because I love wearing skirts during the hot, hot summers here.