Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tuesdays with Dorie: Perfect Party Cake

  • I'm keeping this short and sweet because its late.
  • I might have over baked mine just a tad, it had a dark golden crust.
  • I traded the raspberry preserves for strawberry preserves.
  • The frosting was a little bit of a pain to make. When I make this cake again I'll probably use a butter/confectioner's sugar icing, the meringue buttercream was a little too 'egg-y' for my tastes.
  • My layers weren't even but it didn't matter.
  • Party cake got great reviews. One taster reported that the coconut was not necessary, I kind of agree. Although it did make the cake 'prettier'.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked it! It's a great cake. YUM.

Anonymous said...

I think your Perfect Party Cake looks so cute and I love your cake stand!
Mine was overcooked a tad too and I think I might skip the coconut next time too. =)

spike. said...

Nice, looks good!

Carol Peterman/TableFare said...

I am so glad you liked the cake. Thanks for baking with me this week.

Amanda said...

Looks great! I love this recipe, I will definitely be making it again :)