Thursday, July 02, 2009

Garden Update: Week 12

The garden is loving the heat, everything is growing at an amazing rate.
Finally some little eggplants, one is a smaller Japanese variety and other is a variety called Black Beauty.
Beans are still producing really well
Little tomatoes aren't so little any more, these are Green Zebra Stripe. I also have a few Roma babies and all the others have a ton of little yellow blooms.
I have a couple of nice sized young cucumbers but I think I've been attacked by cucumber beetles so I need to focus on some pest control.
Potatoes are still growing but not blooming...
Bush beans so far
Jack-o-lanterns are going to have to be transplanted but I don't think there is enough room with the beans in this bed.
Pie pumpkins have developed tendrils to start latching on to things
Lots of peppers
Butternut squash needs a trellis
Also my figs are ripe, I've been sharing them with friends and eating them myself because Doug doesn't like them. Last week I had them stuffed with goat cheese, wrapped in procuitto and drizzled with local honey, fantastic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Everything looks so good. I love the eggplants and the purple beans.