Sunday, November 29, 2009

Golden afternoon

Yesterday I drove to Covington to visit my mom, my grandmother and take my aunt an early birthday cake and gift. I haven't lived in Covington since I was 20, but I drive up frequently since my entire family lives there as well as my best friend since third grade. As as adult who isn't there everyday, when I do go back everything seems smaller and less vast than I remember.

I baked my aunt a birthday cake, using this recipe from Ina Garten, I just halved it and used a combination of milk chocolate and semi-sweet for the frosting.When I drove to my grandmother's (Nannie) my aunt had gone into town (they live a good 15 minutes from the nearest grocery store) so while I waited on her to get back I took some pictures. The light was all golden and hazy and the sky was a really beautiful blue so they picture turned out so nicely. The entire set is on my Flickr account, linked at the bottom of the blog if you want to see those.

No comments: