Monday, November 16, 2009

New car = roadtrip

Spending an ungodly amount of time at a car dealership was not how I intended to spend my Saturday but that's what happened. But by 3:00PM I was the proud new owner of a 2007 Ford Fusion. It's an iridescent gray color, the seat lifts up so I can actually see everything around me as I drive and I can hook my iPhone up in it so I'm thrilled.

Sunday we broke in the new car by driving to Little Rock to visit the Clinton Presidential Library. It's a really sleek, modern building and it was very cool to see so many pieces of information and actual 'stuff' from the Clinton Era. They also had an exhibit of gifts that other former Presidents received while in office, gifts from everyday Americans along side gifts from heads of state. I like the craftiness of these handmade items. A massive ball of yarn presented to President Reagana handmade dress presented to President Hoover for his granddaughter, the fabric pattern was inspired by the President's drawingsnewspaper boxes given to President Eisenhower, handsewn
They also had some gowns from former First Ladies on exhibit. I liked Bess Truman's gown best, it was on the end and had a sweetheart neckline and tulle.
After our library visit we went out for dinner in Little Rock. Lynsey gave us some great suggestions for dinner and we ended up at Za Za's in the Heights area of Little Rock. We ordered way too much pizza. I got a prosciutto arugula pizza and Doug got BBQ shrimp. For dessert we had some of their made-from-scratch gelato. I also insisted we drive to this European bakery Lynsey has told me about and brought me cookies from. It's called Silvek's and it's inside a Kroger but it's an independent bakery. I kind of wanted to take home one of everything, it all looked so good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new car. I've never been to Little Rock. It sounds like a great place to visit. The pizza looks yummy!