Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tuesdays with Dorie: My Favorite Pecan Pie

This week's selection comes from Beth of Someone's in the Kitchen with Brina. I've grown up eating pecan pie my entire life, I could always take it or leave it. Often (depending on who made said pie) the filling would be oozy and running and way too sweet, which is why I've never been a die-hard pecan pie fan. I think I might have made my own at some point since reaching adulthood, but I guess it wasn't very memorable. Regardless, I will absolutely be making Dorie's pecan pie again. It was a really easy recipe*, no mixer required! The chocolate, espresso and cinnamon added a really nice flavor that complemented the pecans. The filling was chock full of pecans and chocolate chunks and not runny at all. Thanks again to Beth for such a tasty selection.
*Full disclosure: I have to admit to using a pre-made 'cheater' pie crust. Despite being a member of TWD for almost two years I still suck at making pie crusts, thus the shortcut!

4 comments:

Beth said...

Thanks so much for baking along with me this week! If it's any consolation, I don't make my own crust, either. :-)

spike. said...

The pie looks good! Glad it rose above your expectations a bit.

margot said...

The pie looks great! I feel the same way about pecan pie, but this one was so good!

TeaLady said...

I love pecan pie. And without the chocolate. Yours looks delicious.