Monday, March 01, 2010

Crafty things

Inspired by this post at A Beautiful Mess, I put together a butterfly wreath yesterday. I used a foam wreath shape, some cream-colored acrylic yarn from my stash and feather butterflies from Michael's. I wanted to use the more realistic butterflies but couldn't find any. It took one episode of Big Love for me to wrap the wreath in yarn. I didn't want to glue anything onto the yarn itself so I can change it out if I want to. Instead I used some of my pearlized pins to pin the butterflies and a ribbon hook on the back. I think it turned out well, plus it's very spring-like.
I'm also working on a cross stitch project, the basic instructions came from the Subversive Cross Stitch book that was a birthday present last year. I took a little bit of screwing up for me to figure out how to do everything properly. The last cross stitch I ever did was when I was twelve, i.e. a super long time ago. The phrase is lyrics from a Mountain Goats song. It's a nice little activity to pick up between knitting projects.

1 comment:

lynseym said...

the wreath is SO CUTE! i wish i had a storm door to protect stuff like this on my front door from weather. (and i know from experience that wrapping the foam wreath takes FOREVER....)