Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Tuesdays with Dorie: Toasted-Coconut Custard Tart

I was pretty sure this was going to be a winner, creamy custard, toasted coconut, a splash of rum, yum. Coconut is also a very popular flavor in our house. My only alteration was to make a graham cracker crust instead of the tart crust because save for the strawberry tart when I first started TWD, my success with tart crusts is lackluster at best. Graham cracker I can do though. Sorry about the dull pictures, I missed the good light today. It all worked, a graham cracker crust + silky coconut custard + a sweet whipped cream topping = delicious. Thanks to Beryl of Cinemon Girl for this week's selection!

2 comments:

Gwen said...

That looks DELICIOUS! I wanted to dive right into the picture!

TeaLady said...

This was good, wasn't it. The graham cracker crust sounds like a good alternative.

I don't have crust trouble, just whipped cream. Bah!! Humbug!! It will just NOT hold together.

Your tart looks wonderful.