Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tuesdays with Dorie: Banana-Coconut Ice Cream Pie

Oh I was glad to have a recipe that didn't include turning on the oven this weekend. Our temps coasted into the low 90's (blech) and the last thing I wanted to do was actually bake. The pie is pretty simple and only requires some stovetop melting, some food-processing and freezing. I was a little hesitant about using chocolate ice cream but Dorie has never steered me wrong before so I blended the ice cream, banana, run and lemon juice together and topped the delicious crust with the it. The crust was seriously good, I'm already scheming more uses for it. I couldn't locate the cookies Dorie uses so I used another brand of shortbread cookie. All and all it was a yummy, cool recipe for the first hot Memphis weekend. Thanks to Spike of spike.bakes for this week's selection!

2 comments:

Hindy said...

Ooh, you went with the banana layer. I left it out. Hope it was good!

TeaLady said...

This is a perfect dessert for our hot summer days.

Looks just perfect.