Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Tuesdays with Dorie: Tarte Noire

Making ganache always seems like magic to me, simple ingredients and a couple of simple steps create a smooth, melt-in-your-mouth concoction. Every time I make it I'm surprised at how easy it is. This week's selection was Tarte Noire, chosen by Dharmagirl of bliss: towards a delicious life. I made the chocolate shortbread dough for the crust and it looks a little less than great. Truly I've never made a tart shell that wasn't 'rustic' looking. However, as long as it tastes good it can be as rustic as it likes. The ganache was quick and turned out so well, silky and delicious.

1 comment:

mike said...

What a wonderful post - short & sweet! Didn't you love this tart? I agree - our ganache turned out perfectly. And the crust is equally as nice - glad you enjoyed this simple and decadent dessert!