Monday, July 12, 2010

Yarn hoarder

There is an abundance of unfinished knitting objects floating around my house. Two shawls, a tank top, a sweater, a bunny, a sock and who knows what else is hiding. Currently, the only two things I'm actively working on are the Lillian Tank (pattern here) in Jo Sharp SoHo Cotton. The repeat is easy but the 100% cotton yarn makes my hands a little scratchy. When I'm tired of working with the cotton I switch to the sock I started two weeks ago. I've tried to knit socks at least three times before and ended up ripping them out before I got very far but this one might be a keeper. The pattern is Hedgerow (here) and the yarn is Fleece Artist Trail sock, the color is actually more purple than the photo lets on.I signed up for another round of the Madelinetosh yarn club and got my first shipment last week. It's three skeins of Tosh Merino Light in the Horn, gorgeous as usual. I feel like a Madtosh hoarder now. I have 6 skeins of Tosh Merino Light, 3 skeins of Pashmina, 1 skein of Eyre and 1 skein of sock yarn, mine! all mine! The Pashmina is destined to be a Goodale sweater, which is very cleverly constructed. I'll be more than happy when the humidity goes away and I can pull out the wool and wool blends without sweating.

No comments: