Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Tuesdays with Dorie: Not-Just-For-Thanksgiving Cranberry Shortbread Cake

I was a little confused as to how this was going to turn out, but I trusted Dorie's instructions. Turns out I had nothing to fear, this turned out so well. It's essentially two layers of softer-than-usual shortbread with a homemade jam of cranberries and orange in the middle.


My only change was to add a little more sugar to cut the tartness. It was a delicious cake and the cranberry jam in the middle can always be exchanged for another type of jarred or homemade jam. Thanks to Jessica of Singleton in the Kitchen for this week's selection.

1 comment:

TeaLady said...

This was good, wasn't it. A nice blend of sweet/tart.

I made one with spicy apple butter too, and I know it will be good as well.