Monday, November 15, 2010

Iron & Wine

Last night I finally got to see Iron & Wine aka Mr. Sam Beam, live in Memphis. It was lovely. I bought tickets as soon as I found out he was coming to town back in September. I have loved Iron & Wine for awhile but he had never been to Memphis and the few times he was in Nashville/Atlanta I couldn't make it. 
The concert was at Minglewood and we stood but I loved it. I didn't bring my camera because I couldn't find out whether or not they were 'allowed' so I took craptastic iPhone pictures. 

He opened with Flightless Bird, American Mouth and it was just him on stage with an acoustic guitar, it totally made me cry, but probably more of an emotional reaction to everything that's been happening the last few weeks. 


He also played my favorite song of his, The Trapeze Swinger, love.so.much. 

We did leave before the last song because my back was killing me and it was a 'school night' but I am so glad we went.

No comments: