Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Tuesdays with Dorie: Toasted Almond Scones & Chocolate Pots de Creme

Last week and this week's since I'm behind in posting.

I loved the scones, I'm a big almond fan and these were delicious, albeit crumbly. I think these would be even better with the addition of dried cherries. Thanks to Mike of Living Out West who chose the scones. Go visit his blog, you won't regret it!


This week's recipe was Chocolate Pots de Creme, chosen by Christine of Black Cat Cooking. Pots de Creme are kind of like a souffley pudding. I halved the recipe but I didn't think the two of us should have eight desserts on hand. The recipe was pretty simple and turned out delicious. Don't forget to chill it, it's much better chilled. 

1 comment:

Spike said...

both look great! I liked the pots de creme better at room temp which surprised me- it seemed to change the texture a bit.