Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tuesdays with Dorie: Ginger Jazzed Brownies

This week's selection was chosen by Hindy of Bubie's Little Baker. I'll admit this was one of those recipes I was somewhat skeptical about but I've learned Dorie is usually spot-on. I did make a smallish change to the recipe, I hate messing with fresh ginger, it's so stringy and I can never grate it well enough so I omitted it but increased the ground ginger and added crystallized ginger. These particular brownies were super fudge-y and the ginger added a nice little kick. 

1 comment:

Hindy said...

Gorgeous brownies! That second picture is making me hungry right now. I keep a small piece of ginger frozen in the freezer. That makes it super easy to grate, so I'm more likely to add a bit to all kinds of recipes.
Thanks for baking with me this week!