Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Finished knits & in-process knit

Here are a few things I finished up before the end of the year but didn't get a chance to photograph until now. 

Heirloom Baby Blanket, knit in Madelinetosh Vintage - colorway "Happiness"
I knit this blanket in September for my friend's baby girl and liked the pattern so much I decided to knit one for my own someday-baby stash. This version is a little larger because I used worsted weight instead of DK and the skeins were a little different color-wise but it still turned out really nicely.

Pebble Baby Vest, knit in Madelinetosh DK - colorway "Forestry"
I knit this up super quickly but it took me ages to sew the buttons on (lazy). I've knit this before too but the first time I messed up the sizing and it was more dress-like than vest-like. But this time it turned out pretty well. This is also for my someday-baby stash. The picture doesn't accurately show the color, it's a beautiful dark green/blue and the buttons are yellow/pale green.


Leaves Long Beanie (from Weekend Hats), knit in Madelinetosh Vintage - colorway "Silver Fox"
Again, a really quick knit (a weekend maybe?) and it was my first time finally managing to work from a chart without writing the instructions out, yay me. I was a little worried a slouchy hat would look weird with my haircut but I think it's looks fine.


And now for the in-process knit...

Jetty Sweater, knit in Quince & Co. Lark - colorway "Storm"
I originally bought this yarn to knit the Castle Pullover (same designer) and I even started knitting it. However I felt like the Jetty sweater might be a little more flattering on me instead. It's gone pretty quickly and I love the cable details. I might have started my decreases/increases a little past the point they needed to be so I have to decide if I want to fix it or keep it. Ugh.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That baby blanket is to die for! And the hat looks great on you and is not too slouchy :)