Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A sweater for the winter that wasn't

My Jetty sweater is finally finished, blocked and everything. Unfortunately, it's not going to get much wear this year because of this ridiculous 'winter' we're having. The temps around here have barely dropped beyond the mid-50's. We've had several days of 60's and a couple of '70's. In January. And February. Not normal folks, climate change isn't 'junk science', we have something to be concerned about, not matter what your political view is. 

At any rate, despite our lack of winter, I have a perfectly nice worsted wool sweater to show you. The pattern is Jetty from Cecily Glowik MacDonald and the yarn is Quince & Co. Lark in 'Storm'. This sweater is very warm and the yarn softened up a lot once it was blocked. The pattern was very easy and the cable pattern looks intimidating but isn't. It's supposed to be a sweater tunic, longer than your normal sweater. I should have paid better attention and stopped knitting about 3 inches before I actually did because I'm 5"2 and the written tunic length is for someone taller. Still a pattern and a yarn I would recommend.


No comments: