Thursday, March 08, 2012

New in-progress knitting

I've been project hopping, it happens to me a lot. I get bored working on one thing continuously, which is why I'm usually knitting several things at once.

Right now, I'm working on the Chevron Baby Blanket from PurlBee for our baby's nursery. The colors of the blanket are the same colors we'll be using in the room. It's really gone quickly, I did adjust the pattern by not holding the yarn double, going down a couple of needle sizes, and switching colors every 20 rows. The yarn is Blue Sky Alpaca Worsted Cotton in Poppy, Lemongrass, Sleet, Mediterranean, and True Red . I'm just doing two color repeats so I have around 70 rows to go to finish. I'm slightly concerned about the washing/blocking, I really hope the colors don't run.
I got the itching to use some of my prized Madelinetosh yarn club yarn for a project, which I actually don't have a lot of in sweater quantities. One of my favorites is this Eyre Light in a color called 'Envy'. The color reminds me of a lot of different things - sea colors, forests, mermaids, emeralds. I wanted to use it for something other than a shawl, I was thinking a mini-sweater. I combed through my pattern stash and found the collection of patterns (Breezy Blues from Cecily Glowik MacDonald) that I bought several months ago. She's one of my favorite designers and I have a lot of her patterns queued. I only have 950 yards of the Eyre Light, which sounds like a lot unless you have a 42" inch bust you have to accommodate. Luckily the Drifting pattern has just what I was looking for and I have right amount of yarn for it. I loooove the way the Eyre Light is knitting up, the colors are beautiful and the fabric is producing a nice drape. It's just a lot of stockinette, but I don't mind.   

No comments: