Wednesday, March 21, 2012

S'mores Brownies & a new cookbook

I love new cookbooks, I mean not all cookbooks but most of them. I especially love the ones with lots of sweets in them. The new cookbook from Joy the Baker fit that bill perfectly. It's a pretty book to look at and the recipes inside are clever and imaginative and so delicious looking. I can't wait to make everything in it. 

For the inaugural recipe, I picked S'mores Brownies and I am so glad I did. It's something akin to your basic cake-y brownie recipe with crushed graham crackers in the batter and topped with giant marshmallows. I did slice my marshmallows in two to make them fit better and mine were a little darker than the photo in the book but they were so good. This was one of Doug's favorite new recipes, he a lot of them. Do yourself a favor and invest in this book, there are recipes for Strawberry Cookie Dough Ice Cream, a Peanut Butter & Jelly Shake, Avocado Fries, Peanut Butter & Bacon Cookies and so many other treats.

No comments: