Tuesday, May 01, 2012

White Chocolate-Coconut-Oatmeal Cookies

I make a lot of cookies, they're usually pretty easy to throw together, especially on a weeknight when you're just craving something sweet and uncomplicated. I tend to make a lot of the same cookies, typically involving bittersweet chocolate. I was at Whole Foods on Friday and I saw a table of Callebaut chocolate blocks and pieces for baking. On an impulse I grabbed a block of white chocolate, not really having an idea as to what I was going to do with it. Once I was home I Google-d recipes, found none to my liking, and then perused Pinterest, where I found a really great recipe. This recipe is from Taste Food and is adapted slightly from a recipe by Smitten Kitchen. It also used up some of the oats and shredded coconut residing in my pantry. Also Doug really likes coconut and I probably don't make enough coconut recipes for him.

This is a buttery cookie that's crunchy on the outside (the butter) and chewy on the inside (the oats/coconut). Also there's a sprinkling of coconut and sea salt on top before you bake and we all know that a little salt really adds something nice to sweet items.

No comments: