Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Garden 2012

With all the house updates going on, I failed to mention what's happening with my little vegetable garden this year. I decided to keep it simple since baby is due at the end of July and I really don't want to spend too much time dragging the water hose outside and being munched on by mosquitoes. I bought eight tomato plants, Black Cherry, Mortgage Lifter, San Marzano and Mr. Stripey. I also planted four yellow squash plants, lemon verbena, dill, basil, oregano and thyme. For two of my six beds I spread a wildflower mixture. I'm not really sure what's in there but it's growing. In one of the same beds my Morning Glory vine from last year has reseeded itself and is taking over. 

Here are photos from May 14th (there's a lot of weed eating/edging that needs to happen back there, until then it looks pretty hairy). 

Tomatoes
Tomatoes & herbs
Squash
Wildflowers/Morning Glory
And here are photos from yesterday, the tomatoes really need to be staked/caged and something is munching on my herbs. 




 Squash, two plants looks good, two plants look crappy. Maybe powdery mildew? 
Wildflowers/Morning Glory, which is totally taking over the back bed
This bed is where the cucumbers were last year and one came back but looks rather puny, plus my neighbor's cat is using it as a litterbox (grrrr). I might try to go grab a couple of things and plant there just because it looks sad.
Doug's grapes, maybe we'll get some edible grapes out of them this year!

No comments: