Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tuesdays with Dorie: 15 Minute Chocolate Amaretti Torte

I was a 'last-minute-Lucy' this week and didn't bake this torte until last night. But it was so easy and simple it wasn't a huge problem. Although I could not find the amaretti cookies. If I hadn't have felt so icky yesterday I probably would have gone to a few more grocery stores looking for them but by 5:30pm I just wanted to grab what I needed and get home. Instead of the actual amaretti cookies I found these 'almond-cinnamon' thins. They were actually really, really good. Besides that everything else went smoothly.
My food processor was too small for the entire torte mixture so I just used the processor for the cookies and almonds and then just used the mixer for the other ingredients. I popped it into the oven for 30 minutes and it came out perfectly.I cooled it, made the glaze and spread it on. I was far too impatient to let the glaze set up in the refrigerator for 30 minutes so I just dug in. It's so good, I know it would have been even better with the real amaretti cookies but my version was delicious too. To me it tastes like a cross between a brownie and a cake, the almond/cookie mixture adds a nice crunchy texture and the glaze? Well who can argue with chocolate + cream? Thanks to Holly of Phe/Mom/enon for this selection.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you liked it! It was soooo delicious.

Amanda said...

Looks fabulous! We loved it here too :)