Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Tuesdays with Dorie: Espresso Cheesecake Brownies

How could these not be good? Espresso = awesome, cheesecake = delicious and brownie = perfect. I'm an espressoholic, well really a mochaholic, I treat myself to a non-fat mocha minus whip every morning (hey I'm helping the economy). So the thought of coffee deliciousness in a cheesecake and a brownie concoction sounded wonderful - and it was. The recipe was a little involved, it required about an hour of prep and baking time and then cooling for about three hours. But it was all worth it, sooooo good. I think the cheesecake layer overpowers the brownie layer but I'm totally fine with that. The topping of sour cream and confectioner's sugar is 'meh' I think the brownies would have been just fine without it. Thank you to Melissa of Life In a Peanut Shell for this selection! (Go look at her blog, she makes amazing looking cakes!)

4 comments:

spike. said...

I liked these too. Love the swirls in your brownie/cheescake, so pretty

Anonymous said...

Your brownies look great. I'm glad you liked it. I think if I called these (in my head) Espresso cheesecake with a brownie crust I would have liked them better.

ambika said...

This sounds like pure pure heaven. I think I'd have a bit and just die.

TeaLady said...

I tried with and w/out topping and liked it better w/out.

Yours look very tasty.