Thursday, December 10, 2009

Viva! SeaTac

I'm back from Seattle, I got back Monday at an ungodly hour after a tense and bumpy plane ride home. It was a great trip, I had so much fun driving up and down the Olympic Peninsula, eating an assortment of baked goods (pie, cupcakes, croissants, cupcakes), spending time with my Seattle friends who drove me all over the place because they're awesome like that. It was really cold but I came prepared with handknits. The mittens I had been working on were a gift for one of my Seattle friends and I finished them in time but forgot to take a picture, she liked them a lot though.

There were visits to several yarn stores, see my haul below. I may have finally hit the point of having more yarn than I can actually use in the foreseeable future, but as any knitter will tell you it's a nice problem to have. In addition to the yarn I bought a little fabric too and I happened to be in Seattle the night Amy Karol of Angry Chicken fame was having a book signing at the Quilting Loft. I made it to the store and got my book signed, The Black Apple and NotMartha were both there but I was too shy to say anything.I have a ton of pictures, all on my Flickr account (link at the bottom of the blog), but these are the highlights, the good ones.

Seattle Skyline, as seen from Kerry ParkFort Worden in Port Townsend, Washington
Hurricane Ridge, Olympic National Park in Port AngelesSunset at Alki Beach in West Seattle, just look at those mountains!
Snoqualmie Falls (as seen in Twin Peaks)
Snoqualmie Pass, snow! It was sooo pretty
Leavenworth, Washington, which is a faux-Bavarian villageSpace Needle
Trophy Cupcakes in Wallingford, so.many.cupcakes. Plus there's a yarn store down the way.
Handmade vanilla bean marshmallows from Curio Confections in the University District, such a cute little place. I had a nougart bar there and man it was good.
Can't wait to go back, although it'll probably be a little longer than six months this time.

No comments: