Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tuesdays with Dorie: Raisin Swirl Bread

This week's selection was home-y and carb-y and Susan of food.baby made the choice. I used whole wheat flour instead of white flour and I didn't notice a huge difference. The crumb did seem to be less dense than other breads I've made with white flour but it still tasted great. I do wish I had added the orange zest and cocoa, I think they would have take it up a notch taste-wise. I did refrigerate the dough overnight before rolling it out and baking it. As warm as it's been here the dough rose with no problems.I'd love to make this again, maybe in the fall or winter when it isn't such a PIA to turn on the oven. Thanks again Susan!

1 comment:

TeaLady said...

Next time I want to sub in some wwf. Looks like it came out perfectly.