Monday, September 27, 2010

Pumpkin Muffins with extras

Last week I had the good fortune of being off Thursday and Friday, thanks to a couple of holidays observed by my employers. This gave me enough free time to take my cat to the vet, work on two papers I have due next week, visit my brand-new nephew at the hospital, go to the doctor, do laundry and whip up a batch of these Pumpkin and Cream Cheese Muffins with Pecan Streusel. 
I found the recipe at Ezra Pound Cake and since I'm a sucker for pumpkin baked goods I had to make them.

They were delicious, especially warm and the cream cheese wasn't overpowering. As Rebecca mentions in her post if you want a bigger cream cheese flavor double the filling. I made a little more streusel topping than the recipe called for but it worked out fine. I did use a jumbo muffin pan so it took a tad longer to bake than if I had used a regular one. Go ahead and bake some, you'll be glad you did.

No comments: