Monday, August 29, 2011

Simple Plum Tart

Last week, squirreled away in the produce department of the grocery store,  I spied a basket of small Italian Prune Plums. I didn't buy them at first because I wasn't sure what to do with them, but I knew I'd find some recipes if I looked. There was a recipe using them in my Dorie Greenspan Baking book that was tempting. Then I found this recipe from Ina Garten for tart that seemed super simple with minimal ingredients.


The crust/topping is butter, flour, walnuts, brown sugar and an egg yolk pressed into a tart pan and then some reserved for the topping. The plums are halved and placed in the tart shell, then covered with the topping. Bake and you're done. It's such a good desert and the plums were wonderful with the walnut crust. I had an idea that maybe for the fall I'd like to sub pecans for the walnuts and sweet potato slices for the plums.



No comments: