Friday, May 03, 2013

Three books with wonder in the title

I'm sure how this happened, but for a period of about three weeks every book I read had the word wonder in the title. 

First I read Wonder by R.J. Ralacio. It's a YA (or younger?) and it was a really nice, super short read. It also made me cry. It's the kind of book I hope George will want to read and take lessons from. 
Then I read Wonderland by Joyce Carol Oates. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this book. The beginning was dark and parts of the middle were grim and the end was not puppies and sunshine either. It left me feeling depressed? 
The final book was Wonder Show by Hannah Barnaby. It was another YA read and while not 100% uplifting it was a needed palate cleanser after the JCO book. It's a story that includes characters based on some of those in Tod Browning's 'Freaks', but more sanitized for the younger set.
Currently, I'm alternating between Beautiful Creatures (hasn't really held my attention) and The Dinner. More on those soon.

No comments: